Mistakes in Article Marketing You Do Not Want to Get Into
One of the well-kept secrets in getting web site traffic is article marketing.
Ask those who have done this and they will tell you that is correct and tested. But then not understanding the basic principles behind article marketing will take what proved to be an effective marketing campaign and send it right down the drain, taking with it all your efforts and quality articles.
Common mistakes that people make with article marketing
- Not being clear on who the target audience is. A lot of writers and publishers make the most common error of not defining first what their target market is before writing out their content. (This separates them from the more successful article marketers who already have a clear idea on who their niche market is before the article is conceived. The two aspects needed in targeting your niche is to narrow and refine. It is preferable to choose an audience with a specified interest in a certain topic.)
- Making use of spam out of sheer desperation. In their desperate need of getting to more than the usual number of consumers, authors tend to target just about everyone. They do get published in all categories of newsletters or ezines but not for long. In the long run, the owners of those publications will remove those articles from their publications in the assumption that they are spam. So instead of saving time and resources, you actually get nothing and have to start over from scratch. What’s more, your reputation is the one at stake. (Think of the credibility that you suddenly lost by doing something you thought people would not notice.)
- Inappropriate titles or headlines. If your headlines do not grab the attention of your readers instantly, it will not matter if you are best writer in the Internet. You will not gain new readers. Authors should spend some time thinking up titles that will work. This simply means that titles should attract the attention of visitors the instant they set their eyes on it. That is why the time spent on the content of the article should be the same as the time you have to put in thinking of a good title. Which would you rather have, an outstanding article that has an ineffective title or an ordinary article with an eye-catching one? (In case you are not aware of it, the ordinary article will probably make more sales than the better one. Ask yourself why.)
- Think of yourself first before you think of your readers. Most writers may have passed the first stages with flying colors but this is where they blow it, because they think of themselves first and foremost. In article marketing, you are not writing for yourself, you are writing for your readers. You cannot write about topics you want. On the contrary, you need to write about your market’s topic of interest. To be an effective article marketer is to give your audience what they want. Your audience does not really care if you have won an award in writing or if you are a well known author. All they care about is that your articles should deliver what they need. And that they should have a use of your articles. Give them what they want.
- Check you spelling and grammar. Ok, granted that you have just written one of the best articles ever read by people. But one thing you did not notice is that one word was spelled incorrectly. Once your readers have spotted this, all admiration and awe is immediately erased. Your article will then be classified as one of the low class ones. If you do not want your articles to be disposed of as something not worth reading, have them spell checked first before publishing. Always take a minute or so to check for errors. Even if you blame them on machine typos, readers will always think it was you.
Once you understand the essence behind article marketing, you will never think of other means of generating traffic again. Just do not go overboard and start abusing your position as the author.
If you like this, you may like these...
- February 9, 2012 -- Re-Thinking Bulk Email Marketing And How could It Affect Your Business? (0)
Today, there are a wide variety of marketing strategies available. Businesses and professionals are getting more and more creative in ...
- February 2, 2012 -- Article Marketing is All About the Titles (0)
For the many authors who do not yet know how to make article marketing work for their business They are actually wasting all their time ...
- May 17, 2012 -- Run an Affiliate Marketing Business Successfully (0)
Businesses. What do they have in common? Advertising Almost all businesses, big or small, no matter what product or services they sel...
- February 7, 2012 -- What You Should Know About Blogging (0)
Are you aware of the new way to keep your friends updated on the happenings in your life? A revolutionary way to keep a personal diary th...
- March 22, 2012 -- Techniques in Affiliate Marketing Done by the Best (0)
The percentage behind affiliate marketing is that: 20% of affiliates produce 80% of all income; while 80% of affiliates...
- 27 Internet Marketing Rules (86)
- affiliate products (25)
- Affiliate Programs (32)
- Affiliate Promotions (25)
- Article Marketing for Business (28)
- Autoresponder services (22)
- Basic SEO (95)
- Blogging (84)
- Building your online business (67)
- Copy writing (18)
- Creative VA Services (58)
- Custom Wordpress Themes (12)
- Forums (12)
- Good Website Design (44)
- Google SEO for 2011 (87)
- Internet Marketing Freelancer (30)
- Internet Marketing VA (120)
- Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant (112)
- Joint Venture Partnerships (33)
- List Building (16)
- Online business competition (49)
- Online Business Management (85)
- Online Business Manager (37)
- Online Business Team (32)
- Outsource (20)
- Pay Per Click Ad Campaign (53)
- Product Launch Plan (34)
- Sales Page Specialist (22)
- Salesletter (20)
- Search Engine Optimization (57)
- Search Engine Optimization VA (52)
- Search Engine Optimization Virtual Assistant (50)
- Selling A Product Online (47)
- SEO VA (61)
- SEO Virtual Assistant (62)
- Shannon Kuykendall – Online Business Manager (84)
- Shannon Kuykendall – The Creative VA (123)
- Shopping Cart Support (27)
- Social Media Marketing (41)
- Virtual Assistant Services (121)
- Wordpress VA (62)
- Wordpress Virtual Assistant (64)
- Wordpress Website Designs (48)