Do-it-yourself SEO Techniques
A company mostly relies on its official web site to build a reliable customer base, to interact and get feedback from customers, and to use the site for advertising purposes.
With search engine optimization, some techniques are employed so that a web site will be listed on top of the list of results when a user types in a keyword by going to Google, Yahoo, MSN, or other search engines.
Emerging on top of a search list would lead more business your way that is why search engine optimization or SEO tactics are employed.
Some companies employ the services of establishments or individuals who deal with search engine optimization.
This would involve the development of a more informative and user-friendly web site. It may also include pay-per-click or adwords services, such as the one offered by Google.
Another thing that can yield positive results at a lower cost, as compared to an adword campaign, is optimizing a web site for organic search.
This would mainly require keyword density which would result to more traffic going to your web site.
In effect, you will have an added clientele and this should lead more business your way.
If you would like to have a hands-on experience with search engine optimization and you would not like to get a third-party SEO service provider, there are some techniques which are easy to learn so that you can do it yourself. Take a look at the following:
1. Take a lot of time with developing your web site’s content.
For most web sites, content is the key. When writing the content of your web pages, insert vital keywords which relate to the products and services that your company offers. Make it brief and concise, yet informative. You might see that Internet users do not actually read a web site’s content word-for-word.
They just skim through the text and concentrate on the articles that they need and the data which they find interesting. A 600-word article may be too boring or too long for a user to read. Keep your facts up-to-date so that users will visit your web site more often. Do not forget to include a lot of helpful links, articles and guides that users can forward to another user and add to your customer base.
2. Make the overall design user friendly.
In most cases, the rule the simpler, the better applies. Do not design your web site in an overly-complicated way that users will find it too “frightening” to browse through. Adapt the design to your target market. If your target audience is of a younger age, make sure that the colors and designs are funky, youthful and attention-grabbing. For a more mature audience, you can use subdued colors and have a more elegant theme and overall web site design.
3. Vary the keyword for each individual web page.
Think of every possible keywords or phrases that will apply to your products and services. Each user is different and may not necessarily use the keyword that you expect them to type in the search bar. Search engines offer tools which will guide you through finding the correct keywords for search engine optimization.
4. Make sure that your hyper links are visible, accessible and informative.
Providing users with hyperlinks or HTML links which are useful and easy to find is yet another way to optimize your web site.
5. Learn how to lead traffic to your site.
Seek the advice of experts on this field if you do not know how to lead traffic to your site. Develop a plan and learn how to use the necessary tools pull traffic your way. Gather all the statistical data that you can use to keep your web site on top of the search engines’ list. Vary your web site’s contents and keywords to adapt to the current trend. If there is a particular word or phrase that you have not used when searching for keywords, use it instead to lead more traffic your way. Be flexible enough to change the web site’s contents and fulfill the ever-changing needs of the online users.
All in all, you would have your work cut out for you if you want to employ do-it-yourself search engine optimization techniques. With the proper research, creativity and enough knowledge, you can definitely optimize your web site and yield very promising results for your business.
If you like this, you may like these...
- May 17, 2012 -- Run an Affiliate Marketing Business Successfully (0)
Businesses. What do they have in common? Advertising Almost all businesses, big or small, no matter what product or services they sel...
- May 15, 2012 -- Basics of SEO (0)
Nowadays, even the smallest company uses the Internet as a main tool in building a customer base, keeping in contact with their clients a...
- July 3, 2012 -- Website Traffic Maintenance (0)
How do you build a steady stream of website traffic for your site? Submissions to Web Directories. For some internet marketers, web d...
- April 24, 2012 -- Why Choose Affiliate Marketing as your Online Business (0)
There are many online businesses coming out today. You might have seen a website selling ebooks or different kinds of services. With so ...
- May 22, 2012 -- Internet Traffic Generation through Google Adwords (0)
Marketing is one of the essentials of success in the field of business. Marketing is a dynamic field which involves using media to be abl...
- 27 Internet Marketing Rules (86)
- affiliate products (25)
- Affiliate Programs (32)
- Affiliate Promotions (25)
- Article Marketing for Business (28)
- Autoresponder services (22)
- Basic SEO (95)
- Blogging (84)
- Building your online business (67)
- Copy writing (18)
- Creative VA Services (58)
- Custom Wordpress Themes (12)
- Forums (12)
- Good Website Design (44)
- Google SEO for 2011 (87)
- Internet Marketing Freelancer (30)
- Internet Marketing VA (120)
- Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant (112)
- Joint Venture Partnerships (33)
- List Building (16)
- Online business competition (49)
- Online Business Management (85)
- Online Business Manager (37)
- Online Business Team (32)
- Outsource (20)
- Pay Per Click Ad Campaign (53)
- Product Launch Plan (34)
- Sales Page Specialist (22)
- Salesletter (20)
- Search Engine Optimization (57)
- Search Engine Optimization VA (52)
- Search Engine Optimization Virtual Assistant (50)
- Selling A Product Online (47)
- SEO VA (61)
- SEO Virtual Assistant (62)
- Shannon Kuykendall – Online Business Manager (84)
- Shannon Kuykendall – The Creative VA (123)
- Shopping Cart Support (27)
- Social Media Marketing (41)
- Virtual Assistant Services (121)
- Wordpress VA (62)
- Wordpress Virtual Assistant (64)
- Wordpress Website Designs (48)