Avoid the common Traps in Blogging
Professional and small businesses alike are taking their marketing into blogs to communicate and keep in touch with their customers and target consumers alike.
Business people have their own blog sites and they work successfully with their niche market. Reports have also shown how their profits have been boosted because of blogging.
This along with other internet advertising tools should be enough to encourage you to jump into blogging right away. But if you are new to the concept and don’t yet have the specific knowledge for effective blogging to help your business, then, now is the time learn to avoid the common traps.
You should know there are many bloggers who have fallen into some of the errors of blogging when they first started their own. And take note, these are the same persons who are so good in running their business.
List of things to avoid
- Writing nonsense. Don’t ramble on about your topic. Your customers and potential customers want the most current information you have on the subject. Keep it concise, using the keywords most common to your business.
- You pretend to be an expert in order to build more credibility but because you do not have a good understanding of the blogging software you are using, it will become apparent that you are not an expert. Take time to research and learn more about how to use your blog features before you even start one. Get to know how to make use of your blogs for visibility and accessibility over the Internet. Have a basic knowledge about trackbacks and permanent link features. They will prove important and necessary.
- No blog category. The readers are confused about the topic you are discussing. If they don’t have clear idea of your subject they probably won’t attempt to find out if they have to guess first. Make your main message clear! What is your focus? What can your readers benefit from? Make sure to answer these questions each time you write/update the blog.
- Your blog does not reflect your business or you. Your blog loses its’ key purpose. Your customers can’t seem to find any similarity between your blog and your business.
- Don’t forget your blog is an extension of your business. Make your customers feel like they are doing business with you in the comfortable ambiance of your office. Your blogs should reflect your business image.
- You are not familiar with the other blogs in the same field. Spend time looking at other blogs to see what is being written about and to see the strategies that others are using. You need to know what is happening in the market. Like your business, blogging to improve business takes commitment. You have to let your readers know that you are as interested in current information as they are and that they are able to contact you through your blogs for discussion. Give some of your time to your blogs. It will improve your business and stimulate your thinking on the subject.
- Your blogs have no appropriate contents posted. If all you ever have in your blogs are advertising and marketing about your products, expect your customers to get bored, go away and never come back. They have had enough of sales being presented to them.
- A blog should be about your business field and advertising is secondary with purchase ability and sales info accessible. If you have the newest and best for sale, talk about what it can do, not just that you have it available. Find other related topics you can talk about.
- You have not visited your blog site for some time. One of the sins in blogging is not updating regularly. Expect to lose the traffic you have been getting. Create a schedule for a blog update. Set your calendar to update two or three times a week depending on the new products or new developments in the field.
If you are not doing anything about your blog, why have one in the first place?
If you like this, you may like these...
- March 8, 2012 -- Nine Ways of Making Blogging Work For You (0)
Blogging has become the trend of the times. It has also become a great tool that many businesses use to get the attention of current cus...
- April 3, 2012 -- Seven Ways of Making Blogging Work for You (0)
With the software that blogging has nowadays, setting up one is much easier than it used to be. Blogging has become the trend of today. ...
- February 23, 2012 -- Blogging As Food For The Brain (0)
If you have been on the Internet for long, you will notice that the growing number of blogging sites is getting as numerous as the articl...
- April 10, 2012 -- Profit Getting and Customer Building Article Marketing (0)
You may have heard this before but you are going to hear it again. Online businesses need articles in order to achieve two things; custom...
- June 14, 2012 -- How Blogging Can Help Your Business? (0)
Are you looking for more innovative ways to boost your online business? You can try doing blogs. Blogs? What are blogs? According to ...
- 27 Internet Marketing Rules (86)
- affiliate products (25)
- Affiliate Programs (32)
- Affiliate Promotions (25)
- Article Marketing for Business (28)
- Autoresponder services (22)
- Basic SEO (95)
- Blogging (84)
- Building your online business (67)
- Copy writing (18)
- Creative VA Services (58)
- Custom Wordpress Themes (12)
- Forums (12)
- Good Website Design (44)
- Google SEO for 2011 (87)
- Internet Marketing Freelancer (30)
- Internet Marketing VA (120)
- Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant (112)
- Joint Venture Partnerships (33)
- List Building (16)
- Online business competition (49)
- Online Business Management (85)
- Online Business Manager (37)
- Online Business Team (32)
- Outsource (20)
- Pay Per Click Ad Campaign (53)
- Product Launch Plan (34)
- Sales Page Specialist (22)
- Salesletter (20)
- Search Engine Optimization (57)
- Search Engine Optimization VA (52)
- Search Engine Optimization Virtual Assistant (50)
- Selling A Product Online (47)
- SEO VA (61)
- SEO Virtual Assistant (62)
- Shannon Kuykendall – Online Business Manager (84)
- Shannon Kuykendall – The Creative VA (123)
- Shopping Cart Support (27)
- Social Media Marketing (41)
- Virtual Assistant Services (121)
- Wordpress VA (62)
- Wordpress Virtual Assistant (64)
- Wordpress Website Designs (48)