6 Practical Email Marketing Tactics for Successful Business Campaigns
In these times where information technology has become a necessity rather than just a convenient tool in everyday life, the internet has proven to become among the most effective ways to reach the public.
1. Address Prospective Clients Personally
Practically everyone gets spam in their inbox and virtually everybody has developed allergies to email advertisements. To prevent recipients from automatically trashing email ads, it is important to call their attention using the most beautiful words to their ears (or eyes): their names. Addressing prospects personally makes them feel important. The more recipients are made to feel that they are treated as persons and not numbers, the more likely they will be to go on reading.
2. Create a Mailing List
It is impossible to do the first tip if one does not have a list of addresses to match the names. Building a mailing list of target prospects is among the most vital steps in a strategic email campaign. As time goes on, the list grows and becomes an important asset as a source of profits from the would-be loyal followers.
3. Try to Avoid Appearing Suspicious
People are getting more aware of the truth in the phrase “too good to be true.” As mentioned earlier, people are growing sick of spam, and they treat anything that resembles spam as dirt. It is important to make efforts to compose email advertisements that do not look like spam. To prevent an email ad from being trashed, it is wise to avoid making hyperbolic statements, overusing characters such as dollar signs and exclamation points, and doing other things spammers usually do.
4. Limit Email Advertisements During the Holidays
People are usually too busy to check their computers during the merry months and thus they are most likely unable to read messages in their inboxes. Only the most important, business and personal emails are read, and the rest are immediately thrown into the recycle bin. It is therefore wise to avoid doing email marketing during Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other bustling occasions.
5. Make Email Ads Easy for Recipients to Understand
It is indeed important for email advertisements to catch the attention of the recipient; however, it is also equally vital for the readers to realize the response that is expected of them. Whether it is to click a certain link, or to reply to a certain message, the recipient should be able to fully understand what is supposed to be done after reading the email. Otherwise, the email campaign may be as useless as a trashed spam, despite how effectively it was able to captivate the targeted market.
6. Make the Brand Known Right from the Start
The point of email marketing is to make a certain product, service, or brand known to its target market. While the immediate goal of an email marketer is to get a positive response, such as making a sail or having a subscription signed, from prospects after they receive an email ad, the long term goal is to make the deal not only a one-time shot, but a lasting business relationship. The key to this is recognition. The customer must be able to identify and remember the brand for a long period. This could be done by placing the brand name in key areas such as the “from” and “subject” line, or other notable parts of the email. Granting that the client was satisfied with the first transaction, loyalty is not too far if the client is very much familiar with the brand.
Being successful in email marketing requires effort, but it is not at all daunting to plan a strategic email campaign. To succeed in email marketing, one has to know the target market, treat them well, deliver what is promised, and make a lasting impression. With careful planning, the benefits that email marketing can offer are countless.
If you like this, you may like these...
- November 18, 2014 How to Make a Website More Appealing to International Users (0)
More and more people around the world are using the Internet, and the numbers are increasing every day. The Internet has become […]
- June 19, 2012 6 Practical Email Marketing Tactics for Successful Business Campaigns (0)
In these times where information technology has become a necessity rather than just a convenient tool in everyday life, the […]
- June 6, 2012 Arranging a Website Menu for Better Usability (0)
The issue of website usability is one of the main topics today in web development. There are many moves regarding the push of […]
- May 30, 2012 Finding the Joint Venture That Will Be Your Key to Riches (0)
Joint Ventures means cooperating rather than competing. In joint ventures, you get partners to help you boost the products or […]
- May 31, 2012 Internet Traffic Generation through Google Adwords (0)
Marketing is one of the essentials of success in the field of business. Marketing is a dynamic field which involves using media […]
Areas of Expertise
- 27 Internet Marketing Rules (89)
- affiliate products (25)
- Affiliate Programs (32)
- Affiliate Promotions (25)
- Article Marketing for Business (28)
- Autoresponder services (22)
- Basic SEO (98)
- Blogging (86)
- Building your online business (74)
- Copy writing (18)
- Creative VA Services (65)
- Custom Wordpress Themes (12)
- Forums (12)
- Good Website Design (44)
- Google SEO for 2011 (90)
- InfusionSoft VA (69)
- InfusionSoft Virtual Assistant (70)
- Internet Marketing Freelancer (30)
- Internet Marketing VA (129)
- Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant (121)
- Joint Venture Partnerships (34)
- List Building (16)
- Online business competition (49)
- Online Business Management (93)
- Online Business Manager (44)
- Online Business Team (33)
- Outsource (20)
- Pay Per Click Ad Campaign (54)
- Product Launch Plan (41)
- Sales Page Specialist (23)
- Salesletter (21)
- Search Engine Optimization (57)
- Search Engine Optimization VA (52)
- Search Engine Optimization Virtual Assistant (50)
- Selling A Product Online (48)
- Shannon Kuykendall – Online Business Manager (93)
- Shannon Kuykendall – The Creative VA (133)
- Shopping Cart Support (28)
- Social Media Marketing (47)
- Virtual Assistant Services (130)
- Wordpress VA (69)
- Wordpress Virtual Assistant (71)
- Wordpress Website Designs (49)